We understand that going to the dentist can cause anxiety for most patients, especially those suffering from Autism Spectrum Disorder. A dentist's office is by definition a place of "sensory overload" with a cacophony of noises, bright lights, and unfamiliar smells coming from all directions. It can be overwhelming... even for us!
We are more than happy to:
- introduce Dr. Glazer and the office environment to the patient before we begin treatment
- communicate with the patient on an intellectual level they understand
- use a "tell-show-do" method including demonstrations of instruments to gain familiarity and trust
- allow time for the patient to become desensitized to the dental office environment.
- Netflix, warm blanket, ear plugs, and sunglasses can be provided if requested
We try our best to create a stress-free and safe space for all our patients, even adults and those with sensory issues, to ensure the highest quality of oral healthcare. If you have any questions on how we can accommodate you or a loved one, please don't hesitate to contact our office at 214-774-9906.